What’s changingStarting on May 13th, you can choose whether or not to enable an enhanced Jamboard videoconferencing experience with Hangouts Meet on Jamboard devices. If you don't configure your boards to enable or disable this feature by June 30th, your boards will be automatically enabled. The improved experience replaces the current “Connect to Meeting” feature to:
- Add full screen videoconferencing to Jamboards: Jamboard will use Hangouts Meet for a better videoconference experience.
- Pair to a calendar: Pair your board to a calendar resource in the admin console to make it a bookable resource and make it easier to start or join a meeting directly from the board.
For Jamboards in large rooms or open spaces, we recommend setting up the Jamboard with peripherals to provide the best audio quality. Review our deployment recommendations and information below to make sure you provide your users with the best experience.
Who’s impactedAdmins and end users
Why you’d use itThe enhanced Jamboard videoconferencing will use Hangouts Meet to expand how you can use your Jamboards. Now, you can have a video conferencing call, a collaborative session with the digital whiteboard, or both at once—all with a single Jamboard. Specifically, Meet on Jamboard will:
- Add full screen videoconferencing for when you want to talk to meeting participants
- Make it easy to switch between videoconferencing and sharing the digital whiteboard
- Improve screen sharing from other devices to a Jamboard so you can present to the meeting
- Allow pairing a Jamboard to a calendar resource to easily start or join a meeting directly from the board.
How to get started
- Admins: Review these deployment recommendations and enable or disable the upgrade on your boards.
- End users: If enabled, see how to use Meet on Jamboards here.
Additional detailsChoose whether to enable the feature on your Jamboards by June 30
By June 30, Admins should choose which configuration to use for each Jamboard and ensure that the Jamboards are properly deployed within your organization for optimal video meeting experience (deployment recommendations).
- If you enable full screen videoconferencing, the feature will be enabled immediately on the board.
- If you turn it off, the feature will not be enabled, but can be enabled any time in the future.
- If you decide to pair the Jamboard with a Hangouts Meet hardware device, you will be able to use both Jamboard and Hangouts Meet hardware in the same room.
To opt-in for this videoconferencing update on your Jamboard, please log on to admin console and manually enable the upgrade. If no option is selected before June 30, all boards that are not currently paired to Hangouts Meet devices will auto-upgrade.
Turn the feature on or off at any time
You can enable or disable videoconferencing or change pairing set-ups for each Jamboard at any time. If you choose to disable the upgrade now, you can still enable it at any time in the future to rollout the feature on your own timeline.
- Deployment recommendations to set up your meeting room
- Help Center (admins): Set up Jamboards for video meetings
- Rapid Release domains: Admin controls available starting May 13, 2019. If enabled, the feature is available starting May 13.
- Scheduled Release domains: Admin controls available starting May 13, 2019. If enabled, the feature is available starting May 13.
G Suite editions
Available to all G Suite editions
On/off by default?
This feature will be ON by default starting on June 30, 2019. You can turn it on or off for each Jamboard at any time.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches