What’s changingWe’re adding three new tools to help you generate more compelling reports and better display data in Google Sheets:
- Scorecard Charts
Earlier this year we announced several new features for objects in Sheets. Together, these new features make for a more impactful reporting experience in Sheets.
Using Slicers, Scorecard Charts, and Themes together to enhance reporting.
Who’s impactedEnd users
Why you’d use themYou can use these tools to filter, display key data, and customize the look and feel of your spreadsheets, making it easier and faster to generate more engaging and informative reports.
How to get started
- Admins: No action required.
- End users: See below for how to use each new tool in Sheets.
Slicers are a new way of filtering for reports or dashboards by condition and by values. To learn more about using Slicers in Sheets, see our Help Center.
Scorecard charts is a new way to call out key metrics, such as KPIs or a key stat, within your sheet. You’ll have the option to show your stat in comparison to another number, for instance illustrating percentage increase or decrease over time. See our Help Center for more information on how to insert a Scorecard chart in Sheets.
You can now quickly alter the look and feel of an entire spreadsheet—including charts, pivot tables, and cells—to ensure a consistent look and feel for your spreadsheets. To apply a preset theme, select Format > Theme and choose an option, or to create a custom theme, select Customize in the top right.
- Help Center: Filter charts and tables with Slicers
- Help Center: Display KPIs with scorecard charts
- Help Center: Edit & format a spreadsheet
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on August 1, 2019
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on August 15, 2019
- Available to all G Suite editions.
On/off by default?
- These features will be ON by default.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches