Google Vault now supports Calendar, which means customers can take the following actions around Calendar data:
- Manage retention with default and custom rules.
- Search and preview events with a number of filters, such as keyword search across description, title, guests, locations and invite response status which can be used to quickly refine your search.
- Search for historical versions of events, which allows Vault Admins to search and export events as they appeared on a specific date.
- Export data in multiple formats, including ICS, PST (MSFT format) and CSE-decryptable formats.
- Apply holds to prevent purging of data which must be retained for legal purposes.
Selecting Calendar as a service from the Vault user interface
Why it matters
Vault is an information governance and eDiscovery tool for Google Workspace. Now customers’ Calendar events can be retained, held, searched, and exported. This integration makes it easier for customers to comply with regional and legal mandates surrounding Calendar data, all from a central tool.
Vault’s integration with Calendar rounds out support for critical Workspace apps such as Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Chat and Meet, providing customers with a consistent experience across all products that are managed within Vault.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on November 29, 2023.
- Updates for the API rollout will immediately follow the Vault user interface updates.
- Available to Google Workspace Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Essentials Plus, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, Education Standard, Education Plus customers or customers with the Vault add-on license.