We recently announced a streamlined user experience in Google Chat to help you find what you need much faster, including new features like home and mentions. Starting today, we’re excited to introduce a new bottom navigation bar within the Chat app on Android & iOS devices to help you easily access these features on mobile. You will now have easy access to the following views:
- Home: helps you stay on top of all conversions in one unified view, with a filter that allows you to drill down to unread messages.
- Direct messages: see a compact list of all your 1:1 and group messages, including pinned conversations at the top of the list.
- Spaces: see a compact list of all your spaces, including pinned conversations at the top of the list.
- Mentions: helps you easily find messages from conversations and spaces where you’ve been mentioned.
Android & iOS:
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on November 29, 2023
- Available to all Google Workspace customers and users with personal Google Accounts