UpdateApril 9, 2020: Last month, we made our advanced Google Meet video-conferencing capabilities available at no cost to all G Suite Basic, Business, Education, and Nonprofit customers. We’re extending that availability to September 30, 2020, to ensure businesses, organizations, and educators continue their work during this crisis. See our updated post for more info.
Quick launch summaryAs more employees, educators, and students work remotely in response to the spread of COVID-19, we want to do our part to help them stay connected and productive with G Suite.
All G Suite customers can use Hangouts Meet today for easy-to-join video calls, but we’ll soon enable free access to more advanced features, including:
- Larger meetings for up to 250 participants per call
- Live streaming for up to 100K viewers within domain
- Record meetings to Google Drive
These features are typically only available in the Enterprise and Enterprise for Education editions of G Suite, but they’ll be available to all G Suite editions at no additional cost until July 1, 2020.
- Admins: If you haven’t yet done so, enable Meet video calling for your organization. You can then turn on live streaming and recording.
- G Suite Basic, Business, and Nonprofit customers: These advanced features will be OFF by default and can be enabled at the domain, OU, or group level.
- G Suite for Education customers: These advanced features will be OFF by default and can be enabled at the domain, OU, or group level. Please see our FAQ in the Help Center for additional education-specific considerations when enabling Meet and these features.
- G Suite Enterprise and Enterprise for Education customers: These features are already available in your domain and will continue to respect your current settings.
- End users: Once enabled in the Admin console, end users can live stream and record meetings. Visit the Help Center to learn more about how to live stream and record a meeting.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Free access to advanced features will begin rolling out this week and should be available to all G Suite customers within 2–3 weeks.
- Available to all G Suite customers
- G Suite Admin Help: Manage meet video meeting settings
- G Suite Learning Center: Hangouts Meet training and help
- G Suite Learning Center: Hangouts Meet cheat sheet
- Google Help: Live stream a video meeting
- Google Help: Record a video meeting
- Cloud Blog: Helping businesses and schools stay connected in response to Coronavirus