You can now use Time Insights in Calendar, a personalized, analytical experience on the web, to see how your time is spent across meetings and collaborators.
|Time Insights experience for an example calendar week view|
Please note, you can only view Time Insights on a computer.
Admins and end users
Why you’d use it
With the changes to our working environments in the past year, some people have more meetings and may feel less control over how their work time is spent. Time Insights can show you this data, and help you plan your time better.
With Time Insights, you’ll see information such as:
- Time breakdown: Based on your working hours and the types of meetings you have
- Time in meetings: Highlighting meeting-heavy days and time frames, as well as meeting frequencies
- People you meet with: Showing who you spend the most time meeting with. You can also pin key stakeholders to make sure you’re keeping in touch with them. Hovering over an individual will also highlight the meetings on your calendar that include that person
This information is visible to you, not your manager—so you can assess how you’re spending your time against your own priorities.
If you manage other people’s calendars and have “manage sharing access” permission to those calendars, you can view their Time Insights.
- Admins: This feature will be ON by default and can be disabled at the domain/OU level. Visit the Help Center to learn more about turning Time Insights on or off for your organization. Please note, there is no admin control for Google Workspace Business Standard domains.
- End users: There is no end user setting for this feature but users can close the right hand bar out of view at any time. Visit the Help Center to learn more about Time Insights in Calendar.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on August 30, 2021
End user feature
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on September 6, 2021
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on September 20, 2021
- Available to Google Workspace Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Plus, and Nonprofits customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Enterprise Essentials, Education Fundamentals, and Frontline, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers