Starting August 30, 2021, you’ll be able to indicate where you’re working from directly on your calendar. You can add a weekly working location routine and update your location as plans change.
|Set where you're working in your Calendar settings|
|Show your working location on your calendar|
Starting August 18, admins will be able to control how the feature is used in their organization. Read more below.
Admins and end users
Why you’d use it
By showing others which days of the week you plan to be in the office, working from home, or working from another location, it’s easier to plan in-person collaboration or set expectations in a hybrid workplace.
Anyone with free/busy access to your calendar can view your working locations. This can be turned off at any time in your calendar settings.
- Admins: This feature will be ON by default and can be disabled at the domain or OU level. If you’d like to disable this feature setting and prevent the onboarding promo from being shown automatically for your users, be sure to disable the setting in the Admin console before August 30, 2021. Visit the Help Center to learn more about turning working location off for your organization.
- End users: Unless disabled by your admin, this feature will be OFF by default. You’ll be shown an onboarding dialog with the option to enable the feature starting on August 30, 2021. The feature can be enabled with the initial onboarding dialog or in your Calendar settings.
|Onboarding dialog to set up your working location|
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on August 18, 2021
End user feature
- Available to Google Workspace Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Plus, and Nonprofits, as well as G Suite Business customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Enterprise Essentials, Education Fundamentals, Frontline customers as well as G Suite Basic customers