Through new settings in the Admin console, admins can now control access to the following Google Meet features:
These new settings are available for Google Workspace editions that include admin capabilities. See below for more information.
Why it’s important
- Admins: These features are enabled by default. Access to these features can be controlled at the OU level in the Admin console under Apps > Google Workspace > Google Meet > Meet safety settings. Visit the Help Center to learn more about Google Meet admin settings.
- End users: Your admin will determine access to present, chat, Q&A, and polling features in Google Meet.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on March 25, 2022
- Available to all Google Workspace editions with Admin console access.
- You’ll see admin toggles for the Google Meet features available to your specific Google Workspace edition.