Giving and receiving feedback is a key collaborative workflow in Google Docs. The new emoji reactions feature provides a less formal alternative to comments to express your opinions about document content.
We are making the following experiences available in Docs
- Emoji set is updated to the latest version (Emoji 14.0), reflecting the latest emoji set with options to accurately reflect your identity
- Gender-neutral options for gender-modifiable emojis
- Emoji skin tone and gender preferences are saved per individual emoji
- Admins:There is no Admin control for this feature
- End users: This feature will be ON by default and can not be disabled by the user. To access reactions in Docs, hover over any message or an existing anchor and click on the “Add reaction” icon. Additionally, emoji preferences are shared with Google Chat, so any preferences set in one app will be reflected in the other. Both apps can be used to update emoji preferences via the picker. Visit the Help Center to learn more about using emoji reactions in Google Docs
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on April 5, 2022
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on April 20, 2022
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as legacy G Suite Basic and Business customers, and users with personal Google Accounts.
- This feature was listed as an upcoming release.